Notes are a great way to quickly save valuable information on your iPhone, iPad, and Mac. You can create folders to organize these records, create tables and lists to structure them and provide security by adding passwords. In addition to these valuable features, Apple’s operating system allows you to convert entries from the application “Notes” into app reminders “Reminders”.
💚 ON TOPIC: How to block a number on iPhone, how to view and remove numbers from the blacklist.
You likely use Notes to keep track of your to-do list or checklist at work. And turning these notes or individual parts of them into reminders can be helpful in various situations. Our guide will show you how to quickly create reminders from messages on your iPhone, iPad, or Mac.
💚 ON TOPIC: How to send a scheduled email on iPhone?
How to Create Reminders from Notes on iPhone and iPad
If you are using “Notes” on your iPhone or iPad and want to turn them into reminders, it’s easy to do. Here’s how you can change the functionality of both entire notes and certain parts of them in this way.
How to create a reminder from entire notes on iPhone and iPad
1. Open the note that will become a reminder.
2. Click the button share. “
3. In the menu that opens, click on the drop-down list and select the option “Send a copy. “
4. Click on the iconReminders. “
5. If desired, describe the reminder (in this case, the reminder will appear with a “Notes“). Click “More details” to set reminders, priorities and lists or “Add” to add a reminder to the application “Reminders. “
If you added a description when creating a reminder, the ” Reminders ” application will appear with the Notes app icon.
How to create a reminder from part of a note on iPhone and iPad
1. Select the fragment in the note that you want to transform into a reminder.
2. Click on the arrow in the pop-up menu several times to see the item “Share”. Click on it.
3. Now select “Reminders“
4. Optionally, describe the reminder (this will cause the reminder to appear with a Notes icon). Click “More details” to set reminders, priorities and lists or “Add” to add a reminder to the application “Reminders. “
💚 ON TOPIC: Why does the iPhone ringtone sound quieter when making a call and how to fix it.
How to turn notes into reminders on Mac
It’s easy to do a similar process on a Mac, where you can create new reminders based on your notes. As in the previous case, both entire notes and their fragments suit this.
How to Create a Reminder from Entire Notes on Mac
1. Find the note you need to serve as a reminder and select it.
2. Click the buttonShare» in the Notes toolbar. You can also use the menu bar by selecting File → Share.
3. In the menu that appears, click on the drop-down list and select the option “Send a copy. “
3. Click on the item “Reminders”.
4. A pop-up window will appear, showing you a template note for the new reminder. Here, you can change its name and content and select a list. Click “i” to set reminder, priority and list or “Add» to add a reminder to the Reminders app.
How to Create a Reminder from Part of a Note on Mac
1. Select the text in the note to turn into a reminder.
2. Right-click or Control-click the selection, then left-click and select “Share” → “Reminders”.
3. A pop-up window will appear, showing you a snippet of the note as a template for a new reminder. Here, you can change its name and content and select a list. All you have to do is click “Add” after making changes.
💚 ON TOPIC: How to instantly go to your first or last photos in the Photos app on iPhone and iPad.
Use entries from the application “Notes” as the basis for new reminders easily on any device. Are you taking advantage of this opportunity, or want to try it? Tell us about your experiences and suggestions!